Q-State Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to support and execute its cutting-edge discovery and screening efforts. The Senior Scientist will work closely with Q-State’s scientific and management teams to design and carry out research and screening projects in a high quality and scientifically rigorous fashion. These projects require the application of all-optical electrophysiology and molecular biology methods to human iPS cell-based models of neurological disorders. The position requires familiarity with electrophysiology, neural science, and molecular biology, as well as expertise in human iPS cell culture and neuronal differentiations. Ability to quickly learn the key biology and pharmacology across a range of neuronal disease areas is essential.
- Project management and scientific leadership of both internal R&D and partnered programs.
- Design and troubleshoot cell culture and molecular biology.
- Train and manage research associates and junior scientists in their execution of experimental tasks.
- Participate in internal meetings with upper scientific management to present and discuss project updates.
- Present and discuss scientific results with outside collaborators and potential customers.
- Assist in the culture of multiple human stem cell lines, fibroblast cell lines and differentiated neurons.
- Execute phenotypic assays and ASO-based rescue experiments.
- Characterization of neuronal and fibroblast cultures using PCR, qPCRs, ICC and immunoblotting assays.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date work logs.
- Assist in the generation and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Ph.D. in biology, cell biology, biotechnology or a related field and a minimum of five years of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, and molecular biology techniques
- A minimum of two years of experience with management of junior scientific staff.
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience in electrophysiology is a plus.
- Experience in a clinical lab is a plus.
To apply for this job, please visit the Q-State Career Center