In the Cell Biology Department, the Senior Research Associate will support and execute Q-State’s cutting edge neuronal production and characterization of disease models by working closely with Q-State’s scientific and management team to perform studies in a high quality and scientifically rigorous fashion.
- Execute and troubleshoot experiments that support high quality production of neuronal cultures for Q-State’s multiple customer-based and R&D projects
- Establish primary cultures of neurons by performing dissociations of rodent CNS tissues
- Maintain and culture human iPS cell-derived neurons using sterile technique
- Develop and optimize cell culture conditions to improve high throughput screening capabilities
- Modify cultured cells by lentiviral delivery of DNA constructs encoding components for all- optical electrophysiological recordings
- Perform immunocytochemistry and fluorescence microscopy of cultured neurons
- Manage tissue culture laboratory operations including purchasing of lab equipment, reagents and supplies, establishing SOPs and keeping accurate and up-to-date work logs
- Assist in maintenance of cell culture facility
- Order and prepare media, buffers and reagents necessary for cell culture.
- Master’s degree in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacology, or a related field and
- One (1) year of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Strong background in molecular biology and cell biology through coursework and lab experience;
- Experience with basic molecular techniques: DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR and transfection methods;
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applicants we are unable to accommodate phone calls.