Q-State is seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to oversee the technical development for engineering and all-optical electrophysiology instrumentation. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and experienced with the biological and genetics dimensions of novel instrumentation. Throughout development, the Principal Engineer will demonstrate effective collaboration on design, experimental implementation, rigorous analysis, and clear communications. The Principal Engineer candidate will also be expected to carefully manage timelines and budgets for multiple development projects.
- Lead the development novel precision instrumentation such as microscopes, plate readers and supporting test rigs
- Oversee the development of additional software functions and analysis methodologies in Matlab or Python and work with dedicated software team personnel to do same
- Provide guidance for production engineering support as needed
- Oversee production quality control and preventive maintenance support
- A Master’s or PhD degree in optical engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience developing and operating scientific, medical, engineering instrumentation
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup atmosphere with a “do what it takes” attitude
- Mechanical design experience using SolidWorks
- Optical design experience using Zemax
- Electronics design, fabrication and test experience
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Mbed or similar platforms
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applicants we are unable to accommodate phone calls.