Senior Data Scientist
Summary of Position
Q-State is seeking brilliant and highly motivated people, interested in tackling hard data analysis problems whose solution can make a difference in patients’ lives. The Senior Data Scientist is an important member of the Software Analytics Team and works as an individual contributor providing scientific and data analytics support to multiple Q-State customer-based or R&D projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Minimum Qualifications Required
- MS degree (PhD desirable) in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, (Bio)Statistics, Physics or related technical discipline (e.g., engineering, science, or biology with a strong quantitative flavor) with 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience developing complex data processing and/or visualization pipelines.
- 3+ years’ experience in constructing, validating, deploying data science and machine learning solutions.
- 3+ year experience in Matlab, Python, R or similar programming languages for data science
- Fluent in data science and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with commonly used data science and machine learning toolkits, libraries, and frameworks (sklearm, keras, tensorflow, pytorch, etc.).
- Familiar with software development life cycles, toolsets, and able to write clean and efficient code for data analysis.
- High level of creativity with a passion for data science applications.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership to less senior data scientists.
- Excellent skills in the areas of verbal/written communication, problem solving, and leadership.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Knowledge and experience in biophysics, physiology, or neuroscience; experience on physiological data analysis.
- Experience with statistical analysis and tools (estimation, inference, regression, analysis of variance, power analysis, experimental design, etc.).
- Experience with image processing, video processing, signal processing, or time series analysis.
- Familiar with drug development process.