Q-State Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Cell Biology Department. Research Associate will work under the supervision of a Scientist or Senior Scientist to execute and troubleshoot experiments that support high quality production of neuronal cultures for Q-State’s multiple customer-based and R&D projects.
- Execute the following cell culture and molecular biology activities:
o Preparation of tissue culture dishes for seeding of human stem cells and neurons.
o Maintain and characterize multiple human induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell lines to identify those with desired genetic variants introduced by CRISPR/Cas9 methods.
o Plating of cell suspensions to initiate human stem cell cultures and neuronal production rounds
o Use transcriptional programming and directed differentiation strategies to produce stem cell-derived neurons (excitatory, inhibitory and motor neurons) starting from multiple human iPS cell lines
o Medium exchanges for 96-well cultures to maintain neuronal cultures
o Introduction of genetic constructs into cultured neurons for Optopatch measurements
o Preparation of stock solutions and aliquoting of reagents, including recombinant proteins and small molecules.
o Carry out RNA and DNA preparations from human cell lines and cultured neurons.
o Perform candidate gene expression analyses using quantitative PCR assays.
o Assess protein expression using immunocytochemistry, immunoblotting and ELISA.
- Assist with the optimization of cell culture conditions to improve high throughput screening capabilities.
- Assist in the generation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and manage tissue culture laboratory operations including inventory and re-stocking of lab supplies
- Log results and data in electronic lab notebooks
- Communicate work progress via technical reports and PowerPointTM presentations to the rest of the department.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A Master’s degree in biology, cell biology, biotechnology, bioengineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Ability to work independently and in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Experience in a clinical lab setting is a plus.
- Knowledge of electrophysiology is a plus.
- Experience with 96/384-well cultures and high-throughput screening is a plus.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of applicants we are unable to accommodate phone calls.