We are seeking an energetic Project Manager to join our dynamic team and to help ensure the advancement of our research, development, and grant programs.
- Manage the critical milestones and deliverables of cross functional teams and multiple program activities.
- Work with project team leaders and senior management to plan and direct critical-path activities and establish and meet program timelines/goals, facilitating timely and impactful decisions, and contributing to the development of overall project and company strategy.
- Implement project management best practices and associated tools; execute project planning, hold regular standing meetings, record minutes, ensure clear actions are committed and documented enabling timeline achievement, and navigate decision-making process
- Assist in determining resource allocations, timelines and budgets for new programs/grants
- Assign project tasks and deadlines, generate technical status reports in support of project leaders
- In collaboration with senior management, develop and analyze new program strategies/costs/risks and revise plans accordingly
- Manage project, grant and R&D reviews, supporting the goals process and progress tracking, and resource tracking
- Partner with the project leaders to increase transparency on project status and resource allocation
- Manage monthly budgets in collaboration with finance team and report to collaborators in a timely fashion
- Take appropriate action to resolve issues in areas of responsibility affecting research strategy and progress
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, objectives, key performance indicators and budget/resources
- Serve as mentor to other members of the scientific team by demonstrating the attributes of project management
- Will participate in collaborations with external clients and foundations
- Minimum MS in Life Sciences, Biotech or Pharma-related discipline; PhD a plus
- Two or more years of experience as a project manager in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Proficiency with MS Project or equivalent program, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel skills
- Able to work collaboratively with various functional groups
- Strong organizational skills including document management
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Must be proactive and able to work under limited supervision
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of internal scientific personnel as well as external collaborators under timeline pressures
- Ability to accurately summarize technical communications verbally and in writing
- Requires a self-starter mentality who can multitask, manage cross-functional project teams, work across disciplines and work in a deadline-driven environment
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to accommodate phone calls.