Q-State Biosciences is seeking a database developer to maintain and develop analytics and drug discovery databases and web applications. Our mission is to develop precision treatments for disorders of the nervous system. We have developed a patented, all-optical system for measuring cellular electrophysiology with unequaled precision and throughput.
You will work closely with the analytics team to maintain and develop scientific databases, extract data for machine learning, and develop effective data mining products, and with the scientists and imaging engineers to build new web-based applications to interact with and visualize the scientific and drug discovery data.
The position requires advanced database development, database management, and web application development expertise. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of computer science in general and of database design, programming, and maintenance in particular; should be comfortable with an agile development method and embrace best practices in modern software development.
- Minimum BS in a STEM area, MS desirable
- 3+ years database, user interface, and web application design and development experience
- Strong data modeling and SQL skills, solid experience with query optimization, strong MySQL database administration experience, and working knowledge of database drivers
- Demonstrated ability to integrate data from diverse sources and platforms
- Drug discovery experience at a biotech or pharma company and understanding the workflow and dataflow as well as the structure of a drug discovery database are strongly desired
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle and configuration management
- Good technical communication skills verbally and in writing
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with Amazon RDS and cloud computing
- Experience working with chemical data, including compound structures (SDF, SMILES, SMARTS), chemical databases, and/or Spotfire
- Working knowledge of Python and MATLAB
- Basic understanding of statistics, machine learning, and image processing
- Basic understanding of biology and electrophysiology
To apply for this job, please visit the Q-State Career Center