Q-State Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated laboratory technician to generate high-quality functional phenotype data using Q-State’s proprietary Optopatch assays for disease-modeling and drug discovery. This work utilizes cell cultures grown and delivered from Q-State’s in-house tissue culture labs, and includes quality control inspections of the cells, hand-pipetted and automated buffer exchanges, compound additions and other interventions, as well as the actual imaging of the plate using in-house-developed proprietary microscopy instruments. The latter is automated and the assays run for between one and three hours. Therefore the laboratory technician will also multi-task across more than one instrument, accomplish data analysis and/or other tasks at a nearby workstation while the imaging progresses.
The laboratory technician will occasionally also assist an instrumentation technician with hands-on maintenance of Q-State’s custom instruments, and should be willing to learn electrical, mechanical and/or optical debugging processes, lead by the Director of Engineering and Production as well as other experienced team members.
Q-State is a well-funded startup company with 60+ employees located in Cambridge, MA. We offer full benefits and competitive compensation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all-optical electrophysiology recordings in both neurons and cardiomyocytes
- Utilize existing software to perform data analysis of Optopatch recordings
- Assist with maintenance of processes and instruments
- A Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant work experience in a relevant field
- Experience operating scientific, medical, engineering instrumentation or equivalent
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams
- Desire to work in an exciting startup atmosphere with a “do what it takes” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience maintaining scientific, medical, engineering instrumentation or equivalent
- Primary rodent or mammalian tissue culture experience
- Experience developing new assays in cooperation with Sr. scientists or engineers
- Availability to work 2nd shift
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applicants we are unable to accommodate phone calls.